Seems I can't avoid food at all these days. If someone's not supplying our staff room with tantalizing treats, the printer takes the thunder and produces pictures of the same. Aargh!
Lemon. And me, being, of course, the lemon-lover that I am, was immediately drawn. With coconut. Aaah. A combo that makes me dream of warm beaches and waving palms.
So tonight I was compelled to whip up this new-found concoction. And it's a keeper for sure.
Here's the recipe. Don't shortcut on the glaze. Seriously. I actually doubled it. Sssh. Enjoy!
LEMON COCONUT MUFFINS
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Zest of 2 medium sized lemons, finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup coconut, flaked
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup extra coconut for topping
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cream together softened butter, and sugar. Stir in egg, lemon zest, and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, 3/4 cup coconut, baking powder, and salt.
- Add creamed mixture into dry ingredients and stir only until combined.
- Scoop batter into greased muffin cups.
- Top with extra coconut.
- Bake in 375º oven for 25 minutes.
- Drizzle glaze over warm muffins.