Thursday, January 9, 2014

Lovin' Life.

If you were born and raised in a hot climate, like the South or Central Americas, it's hardly likely that you've ever seen snow. On the flip side, if your motherland happens to be some place like the Arctic, you've probably never basked on the warm sand of a sunny beach, or wiggled your toes in the surf.

If you're like me, however, and reside on the West Coast of the True North Strong And Free, without a doubt you'll know everything there is to know about this. R. A. I. N. Rain.


This stuff frequents my city, sometimes too much and too often, and today it fell non-stop. Dreary, damp, depressing. Especially so, since I just returned from warm, balmy temperatures in the Sunshine State of Arizona.

But I can still count my blessings. Unlike many of my fellow-Canucks, we have power. Which translates into light and heat at la casa. And rain doesn't render us housebound, either. Which meant I got out today to have lunch with a friend. And sip a latte.

Almost as good as my cousin John's. Almost.

My Spanish word for the day... bendiciones. Blessings. More than I can count. 

No comments: