Friday, January 17, 2014

Muffins for Monday.

I seem to be perpetually cleaning out my fridge. Anyone else suffer that same predicament?

From an event earlier this week, I ended up with copious amounts of sour cream. What to do, what to do. Well, I'm always needing muffins to include with school lunches, so after some googling, I stumbled on a blueberry muffin recipe that required lots of sour cream as the main wet ingredient. Score. And it called for fresh lemons too, and would you believe it, I had lemons left over from the same event. Double score.

Lemons and blueberries. They should be married to each other. Seriously.
Into the oven went a double batch.


The aroma in the kitchen that ensued?.... aaaah. And since this is what outside looks like today...


... I think you'd agree that baking muffins inside is a better option. Yes, it's raining. Just ain't the type of day you'd be sitting under the back yard tree with your coffee. Oh how I miss you, Yuma!

Twenty five minutes later...


Of course, the recipe instructions say to wait for them to cool before removing from the pan. But if you know me, I don't wait. So one lonely little fellow went into the freezer for a few seconds.


Then came the taste test. Oh my. Some delicious goodness going on here. Tangy, fluffy and extremely moist. Tart lemon and juicy blueberry all in one bite. No need for butter.


This might just be my new go-to blueberry muffin recipe. Off to put a few more in the freezer. ;) And here's the link to the recipe, just in case you've got some things to clean out of your fridge. 

http://foodess.com/2013/05/lemon-blueberry-sour-cream-muffins/

2 comments:

Janna said...

Aaaannnd…. now I'm hungry.
For a tart lemon blueberry muffin. Looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

And they are delicious! Moist, light and fluffy, even with doing them dairy-free:) Jennifer L