Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Star Gazers.

With one of the offspring off at camp for the week, Miss Alana and I decided to have our own little camping adventure. Just one night of it. Right here in our own back yard. I am not an outdoors, survive-in-the-wild type of girl by any means. But I agreed to spending one night in a sleeping bag under the stars.


See how happy I am? Confident that flushing toilets and a morning shower are merely steps away. 

We wanted to watch the forecasted meteor shower. The Perseids.



But honestly didn't see anything that resembled a meteor. Twinkling stars for sure, and maybe an odd shooting one. Alana had the Skyview app on her iPad and it helped us identify some of the planets visible to the natural eye. Very cool.



But we had fun. Bonded, laughed, and were fast asleep by midnight. Alana woke me around 0300 hours, speaking in tongues to someone in a dream. Clearly not me. I rolled over and watched the sky for a while, but no meteors rained down on me. Sleep returned and then in a blink it was sunrise. 

Tonight will probably be an early one. In my own bed, for sure. 

No comments: